Welcome

Welcome to the UNofficial blog for the Fiddlers of South Dakota and others who love to play and listen to acoustic Old-Time and Bluegrass Music.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wunnerful, Wunnerful

Ok, I grew up watching Lawrence Welk on TV.  I even visited the home place in Strasburg, ND before it was restored and made into a small tourist attraction.  So I suppose that it is only fitting that I traveled to Roslyn, SD on Saturday (June 22) to play music.  No, not that kind of music.  Wes and the crew at the Creamery were having their first Bluegrass Jam and invited me to come and sit in with the band.  I guess that once again proves, "you don't have to be good, just available" to play music.

The connection to Lawrence Welk is of course Myron Floren.  Roslyn proudly boasts of being the birthplace of that great accordion player.  And sure enough, when you come into town there is the sign. 






More on this jam when I get the photos of the gang that was playing. Let's just say that we will definitely do it again.  Oh and by the way we did have an accordion player show up to play.  It had nothing to do with bluegrass, but it was fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment