Welcome

Welcome to the UNofficial blog for the Fiddlers of South Dakota and others who love to play and listen to acoustic Old-Time and Bluegrass Music.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Montana Fiddle Camp

Just returned from Montana Fiddle Camp in Monarch, MT.  What a blast !
Thank you to Fred Buckley for having me back for another year.  I got paid to go and call dances after the evening concert was over and I got to take whatever classes I want to.  It does not get any better than that.
The only problem was that I could not be more than one place at a time.  With so many great instructors, it was hard to choose.  Sandy James, Barbara Lamb, 'Chirps' Smith and then Byron Berline - and that's just on the fiddle side of things.



Thankfully, I had brought more than one digital recorder along with me, so I cheated and sent a couple of my digital recorders along with some of the students that were in different
 classes so I wouldn't miss anything.









 Oh yeah there were banjos - yup that's plural.  And they were working together.  It's a wonder anyone got out alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment