Welcome

Welcome to the UNofficial blog for the Fiddlers of South Dakota and others who love to play and listen to acoustic Old-Time and Bluegrass Music.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Montana Eagle Ranch

Thank you to Bud Schleicher for working it out so that I could play with the "Old Gang" while I was in Montana.  They had a gig at the Montana eagle Ranch and graciously allowed me to come along for a mini reunion.  Charlie Alkiere, Doc Allison, Lenore Haws, Bud Schleicher, and myself played an afternoon concert for an enthusiastic group of guests at the ranch.  Plus we were treated to a wonderful supper and views that will take your breath away.






The big treat for me was playing music with the friends who got me started playing good old-time music.  They kept after me and patiently, very patiently taught me lots of great tunes and showed me how to fit in with a group of musicians.  Thanks again.  Every time I get to play with them it is a real treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment